Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Irrfan Khan On Hollywood’s Challenge For Bollywood

Moving away from the conundrum currently stalking the Indo-Pak artist community, one actor from India, who has managed to find just the right balance between juggling Hollywood and Bollywood films is Irrfan Khan.

His latest is a role in Ron Howard's Inferno which also features Tom Hank and Felicity Jones in pivotal roles. Speaking at the trailer launch of Inferno, Khan pointed out that the success of Hollywood projects is challenging the Indian film industry.

"It (the market for Hollywood in India) is growing very rapidly," said Khan. "Indian films are getting affected by it. By the way it is going I think it is going to capture. In other countries also Hollywood has captured the market…It is a challenge for Indian film industry. They have to pull their socks up."

The actor who is starring in Howard's Inferno, which is a sequel to The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, explained that he was initially approached for a different role than the one he is currently playing in the film.

"When Ron sent me the script, he offered me a part and I read it, but there was another part which you are seeing me in now, I asked him if I can do this part. He remained silent for a month and came back and asked why I wanted to choose this part. I told him my take on the character and he loved it, so, then he offered me this role. He is an enigmatic kind of a person and you don't get to know what he is up to," revealed Khan.

—Originally published by The News

No comments:

Post a Comment