Monday, November 14, 2016

In conversation with Hareem Farooq and Adeel Hussain

Actors Hareem Farooq and Adeel Hussain visited our studios to promote 'Dobara Phir Sey' by filmmaker Mehreen Jabbar. We caught up with them for a brief interview.

How did you guys come into acting?

Adeel: I jumped into acting. I studied business. I studied aborad and I was always interested in art. When I turned 25 I realized everything around me was breaking down, and it was not easy to take my acting hobby and studies together. So I took a decision and chose my hobby as a career.

Hareem: I wanted to be an actor since my childhood and luckily my parents were also very encouraging. They always believed in extra-curricular activities. I remember after my A-Levels I was doing Law and I knew I wanted to be an actor but I wasn't too sure. One day my friend called me for an audition at a theatre. I got a 20 minute role in an hour long play. When I was on the stage it was clear that this is what I wanted to do for life.

Tell us who your favourite actor is?

 I studied Daniel Day-Lewis for a while. I like the Indiana Jones franchise It was good fun entertaining. In Pakistan there are so many names Ali Kazmi, Hareem, Sanam Saeed, Tooba, Amna Sheikh, Mahira these are the people who I know give their best.

Hareem: I like Madhuri Dixit she is beautiful, stunning, elegant, gorgeous and she has loads of expression on her face. For a long time I followed her. Even today if I see her on television I just stop and watch her. In Pakistan there a lot of people who inspire me. There is Adeel Sanam, Ali Kazmi, Tooba, Mahira, Saba Qamar, Noman Ijaz. These are the people who have proven themselves.

Tell us about the projects you refused?

Adeel: I refused a lot of projects. If I think I can't give my hundred percent to a role I refuse. Your work stays forever. It stays on the internet and is infinite. It's painful to see bad work again and again.

Tell us about your diet plans. Are you two foodies?

Hareem: I love to eat but one has to be careful. I was 103 kg before I started acting. See you need to understand when you are losing weight that one has to change his entire lifestyle. Also crash diets are not good for your health. Don't skip breakfast, and don't eat two hours before you go to bed.

Adeel: I don't have a special routine. But I know if something is required of me I will do it. I hope in the next role I get I have to put on a lot of weight.

Any plans of going into direction or production?

Hareem: I started production with Imran Raza Kazmi in 2013 and Geo was the media partner. Recently I produced Janan. For me it was a huge learning experience. I got to know so many things.  I have to portray my country internationally. I want to show that Pakistan is a beautiful country.

Adeel: They actors make good directors. It's all about interconnecting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment