Friday, March 3, 2017

Lorde ends hiatus with ‘Melodrama’, wants 'that Green Light’

Seemingly brooding and aloof Lorde, who has been absent from the music scene for more than a couple of years, has released Green Light – the first song from her sophomore album 'Melodrama'.

 

 

The music video for her latest track brings a change in Lorde's usually lost-in-thought, staring-off-in-the-distance style; she is now leaping across cars, charging the roads in luminescence, and thrashing about in toilets, as her driver waits patiently for her surprising antics.

Her cynical view of the world has turned into a wild and unchained expression of emotions this time. Just 90 seconds into the video, she bursts into a fast-paced tune – a manifestation of how "you're not in love no more," according to the lyrics.

Heartbreak, prominently obvious with the line "you're such a damn liar," seems to be a major theme in Lorde's latest project. In addition, the singer says she felt like late music legend David Bowie has been guiding her.

"I feel like the whole time spent writing this record, I've had [Bowie] in my thoughts, I've had him in my heart," she said in an interview with BBC Radio 1, Telegraph reported.

With regard to the time it took for Lorde to produce this album and her hiatus, she explained to the channel, "I partied a lot and I felt all the feelings - and it was all so fluorescent. So I decided to call the album Melodrama."

 

 

 

The song, co-written by Jack Antonoff, received attention from Lorde's peers Katy Perry and Hayley Williams as well. It is the singer's first one after Yellow Flicker Beat for Hunger Games in 2014.

Lorde debuted in the music industry with The Love Club in March 2013 and her song Royals skyrocketed to number-one single on the Billboard Hot 100.

Sing along!

"I'm waiting for it, that green light, I want it..."

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment