Thursday, February 23, 2017

Saif Ali Khan decides to change name of baby Taimur

Saif Ali Khan and wife Kareena Kapoor Khan were blessed with a beautiful baby boy Taimur Ali Khan on December 20. But before Saifeena could enjoy the new phase of parenthood, the name of the newborn sparked controversies on internet.

The couple had to deal with Twitteratti's distasteful comments about the name of the newborn 'Taimur' as many believed Saif shouldn't have named his son after Taimur Lung, the Turkish ruler who invaded India.

Due to the ongoing controversies over the name, daddy Saif has now said that he will might change the name of his son.

Saif Ali Khan told an Indian media portal, "I thought for a second about changing his name. For a couple of weeks. And Kareena was a little against it and she said, 'People respect you for your opinion and you can't'... So I said, yeah, but it's not about people. I don't want him to get unpopular".

Saif Ali Khan further said, "And I still might, maybe when he's one or two, I might change his name in a while, it's still sinking in, what to do."

"Someone in my PR agreed with me, and we drafted a small letter. And when I read it, it was so pathetic, that I cancelled the idea. Because it was really like, uhh, 'I'm sorry', and 'I didn't want to offend' and 'I'm an idiot' and you know, I've given in to pressure. It just sounded awful. However, you write it, it just wasn't sounding right. It was like I didn't realise where I live or what I'm doing. So I did think about it. I thought about it, but it was for the wrong reason. If I feel that he's going to get in trouble in school, I might change it still. It's a bit late now though. Or not. I don't know," Saif told an Indian media portal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment